August 19, 2005
Annual Shareholder's Meeting and Grant of Options
TORONTO, CANADA - Tsodilo Resources Limited (TSX Venture Exchange: TSD) ("Tsodilo" or the "Company") is pleased to announce that at its Annual and Special Meeting of shareholders held August 18, 2005 the following directors were elected: R. Stuart Angus, James M. Bruchs, Patrick C. McGinley and John R. Redmond. The shareholders approved the appointment of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as Auditors and voted to increase the Company's share option plan
by 539,750 shares.
Under the terms of its Stock Option Plan, following the annual meeting of shareholders, Tsodilo granted 280,000 options to four directors and two officers at an exercise price of $1.25 per share. These options vest as to 25% immediately, and 25% on each of the sixth, twelfth and eighteenth month anniversaries of the date of the grant. The options are valid for five years.
Tsodilo Resources is an international diamond exploration company engaged in the search for economic kimberlites at its Newdico and Gcwihaba projects in northwest Botswana. The Republic of Botswana is the largest producer of diamonds, by value, in the world. Tsodilo has an 81% stake in Newdico (16,800 sq. km under license) while Trans Hex Group, a South African diamond mining and marketing company, holds the remaining 19%. The southern Gcwihaba project area (6,703 sq. km under license) is 100% held by Tsodilo subsidiary Gcwihaba Resources (Pty) Limited. Tsodilo manages the exploration of both license areas. The design and conduct of the Company's exploration program is the responsibility of Peter Walker, a qualified professional geologist registered with the South African Council for Natural Scientific Professions. Please visit the website: www.TsodiloResources.com, for additional information
and background on our projects.
The TSX Venture Exchange has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this news release. This news release may contain assumptions, estimates, and other forward-looking statements regarding future events. Such forward-looking statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties and are subject to factors, many of which are beyond the Company's control, which may cause actual results or performance to differ materially from those currently anticipated in such statements.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
James M. Bruchs - President and Chief Executive Officer:
Telephone +1 416 572 2033
Facsimile + 1 416 572 4164