January 12, 2011 Refiling of Interim Consolidated Financial Statements and CEO/CFO Certifications
TORONTO, CANADA - Tsodilo Resources Limited (TSX Venture Exchange: TSD) ("Tsodilo" or the "Company") announces the filing of revised Interim Consolidated Financial Statements for the periods ending March 31, 2010, June 30, 2010 and September 30, 2010 and Certification of Refiled Interim Filings (Form-109F2R) for each corresponding reporting period.
A review of the Interim Consolidated Financial Statements for the first, second and third quarter periods in 2010 revealed that the balance sheet presented compared the relevant period with the prior's year corresponding period but did not include a comparative balance sheet as of the end of the immediately preceding fiscal year as required under National Instrument 51-102 -- Continuous Disclosure Obligations -- Part 4.3(2). The revised statements have included the requisite comparison and procedures have been put in place to ensure future compliance.
The revised Interim Consolidate Financials Statements have been filed on SEDAR, posted on the Company's website and provided to applicable reporting agencies.
About Tsodilo Resources: Tsodilo Resources Limited is an international diamond and metals exploration company engaged in the search for economic kimberlites and metal deposits at its Newdico (Pty) Limited ("Newdico") and Gcwihaba Resources (Pty) Limited ("Gcwihaba") projects in northwest Botswana. The Company has an 96% stake in Newdico (3,940 km² under Precious Stone - diamond licenses) while Trans Hex Group, a South African diamond mining and marketing company, holds the remaining 4%. The Gcwihaba project area (5,870 km² under Precious Stone - diamond licenses; 12,810 km² Metal (base, precious, platinum group, and rare earth) licenses; and, 1,430 km² under Radioactive Minerals licenses) is 100% held by the Company. Tsodilo manages the exploration of both the Newdico and Gcwihaba license areas.
The Company has offices in Toronto, Canada and Gaborone and Maun, Botswana. Please visit the Company's website, www.TsodiloResources.com, for additional information and background on our projects.
This press release contains forward-looking statements. All statements, other than statements of historical fact, that address activities, events or developments that the Company believes, expects or anticipates will or may occur in the future (including, without limitation, statements relating to the development of the Company's projects) are forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements reflect the current expectations or beliefs of the Company based on information currently available to the Company. Forward-looking statements are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties that may cause the actual results of the Company to differ materially from those discussed in the forward-looking statements, and even if such actual results are realized or substantially realized, there can be no assurance that they will have the expected consequences to, or effects on the Company. Factors that could cause actual results or events to differ materially from current expectations include, among other things, changes in equity markets, political developments in Botswana and surrounding countries, changes to regulations affecting the Company's activities, uncertainties relating to the availability and costs of financing needed in the future, the uncertainties involved in interpreting exploration results and the other risks involved in the mineral exploration business. Any forward-looking statement speaks only as of the date on which it is made and, except as may be required by applicable securities laws, the Company disclaims any intent or obligation to update any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or results or otherwise. Although the Company believes that the assumptions inherent in the forward-looking statements are reasonable, forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and accordingly undue reliance should not be put on such statements due to the inherent uncertainty therein.
The TSX Venture Exchange has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this news release. This news release may contain assumptions, estimates, and other forward-looking statements regarding future events. Such forward-looking statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties and are subject to factors, many of which are beyond the Company's control, which may cause actual results or performance to differ materially from those currently anticipated in such statements.